- This event has passed.
Webinar: Security and Defense Opportunities in Mexico
May 19 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
Mexico’s security sector is critically important due to the enduring impact of transnational criminal organizations, North American supply chain growth, and ongoing challenges of corruption and the extensive informal economy. Over the last four years, the security and safety sector has shown annual growth of 12-15 percent. For 2020, we estimate a USD 1.4 billion total market specifically for safety and security products and services. Over more than two decades, the federal government has dedicated massive resources towards security and safety programs. Two years into the six-year President López Obrador Administration, priorities and threats have evolved, with public military and police spending topping USD 9.6 billion and deployment of a new National Guard targeted to exceed a force of 140,000. Commercial opportunities exist not only among public agencies but also serving commercial segments and private consumers.
This webinar will start with a commercial overview of the security and defense market in Mexico from the Embassy’s Commercial Section. Then the Embassy’s Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) in Mexico will address evolving security trends in general, including the National Guard deployment, and top security threats affecting commercial operations in Mexico. A Mexican Air Force General from the Mexican Ministry of Defense (SEDENA) will talk about defense and aerospace. And a private sector expert will offer insights into adapting to the changing market and winning market success.
Take advantage of new information on the Mexico’s USD 1.4 billion market for security and safety solutions, growing at 12-15 percent per year!
- Key segments represent opportunity: electronic and cybersecurity, physical security and CCTV, protection devices, communication technologies, public safety, industrial safety, and national security
- The security and safety sector shows strong dynamism marked by double-digit growth, innovative technologies, and evolving threats
- Though Mexico is a mature, sophisticated security market, new solutions with clear advantages are displacing traditional security consumer habits
- Creative systems and products can garner demand from specialized end-users and buyers
- Mexico’s most recent national survey (September 2019) estimated 24.7 milion victims of crime in 2018
- Defense and aerospace are closely linked. The Mexican Ministry of Defense (SEDENA) has a 2020 budget of more than USD 4.8 billion, which a portion represents long-term investments.
Click HERE to register!