Brazil A&D Briefing and Meeting with Embraer
May 4 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
The New Hampshire Aerospace and Defense Export Consortium (NHADEC) is excited to announce a collaboration with the U.S. Commercial Service and Robinson+Cole Law firm to bring you a special one time event on the Brazilian aerospace & defense market featuring Embraer. The free event will take place on Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 11:00 AM EDT. Use this opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge directly from Embraer on their supply chain protocols!
The event will cover:
- Brazil’s aerospace and defense ecosystem, including trends and market opportunities;
- An overview of Embraer’s business units, current supplier selection processes, and quality and engineering requirements; and
- An informative Q&A session regarding OEM and supply chain relationships.
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Joel Reynoso, Commercial Officer, U.S. Consulate Sao Paulo
- Paula Antunes de Lima, Procurement Intelligence, Embraer Global Sourcing
- Jeff White, Partner and Manufacturing Law/Aerospace Supply Chain Chair, Robinson+Cole Law Firm
- Moderated by William Bates, Executive Director, NHADEC
As the second-largest country in the Western Hemisphere in population and economy, Brazil represents a signficant opportunity for U.S. companies, and that’s just as true in the aerospace and defense sectors. Around 1.5% of the country’s GDP is spent on defense, which resulted in approximately $4.5 billion in procurement, operations and maintenance, R&D, and other non-personnel expenditures in 2020; this figure is forecase to rise to $7 billion by 2024.
Embraer dominates as a commercial aircraft producer but still values U.S. input, with 56% of all components imported from the United States. In 2019, the company reported sales worth $5.45 billion across commercial, defense, and executive aviation. With company restructuring complete and the global pandemic trending downward, there’s the potential for supplier opportunities at this large aircraft manufacturer.
Don’t miss this event to get meaningful market intelligence and insights- straight from the sources in Brazil.