The Product Manager shall leverage their technical experience to help bridge the gap between our technical customers and engineering organization; Identifying, developing, and executing a product development strategy. The role will work externally with defense industry organizations, and closely with internal Business Development, Sales & Marketing, and Engineering teams to define the future product strategy in line with the business strategy; Understand the customer and needed requirements, identifying potential products, conducting market research with customers, generating product specifications and development schedules, and plans for product introduction to the market.
Duties and responsibilities
- Drive New Product Development Opportunities:
- Engage Customers to Understand Needs & Requirements
- Lead Product Roadmap Process
- Engage Internal Engineering Resources to Understand Product Opportunities
- Document Market Trends & Opportunities
- Identify and Track Competitive Products
- Manage Product Configurations & Pricing:
- Release regular price lists to Sales
- Develop pricing strategies to address market demands
- Understand ongoing custom-design projects to determine market viability
- Work with Engineering to develop database of products and features
- Support Marketing Communications Strategy Development:
- Define Product Value Propositions to influence data sheets, marketing collateral, and key product marketing message strategies
- Support Marketing Content & White Paper Development with Engineering and Marketing Teams
- Internally Communicate the “voice of the customer” w/ application problem/solution, applications, etc.
- Lead Go-To-Market Process for new products
- Maintains Market and Technical Product Knowledge
- Attend Educational Workshops
- Regularly review Professional Publications & Trade Journals
- Establish and Grow Personal and Professional Technical Networks
- Participate in, and influence, Professional Societies and Industry Consortiums
Qualifications and requirements
- 5-8 years Engineering experience, electrical preferred, with power supply design experience ideal.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Solid interpersonal skills, willing and interested in interfacing with internal engineers and leadership team, as well as external customers.
- Database creation and management experience required, MS Access and Excel preferred
- Defense industry experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience using MS Office suite of software
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred but will consider other technical degrees
- This position will be located in our Belmont, NH facility
- This position will require business travel up to 25% of the time
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Milpower Source is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity